The aim of the Library's Reserve Services is to enhance the educational process by enabling faculty to place library and personally owned materials on restricted loan to students for limited periods of time.
The Library Reserve system will provide access to course materials (lecture notes, textbook, etc.) written or selected by faculty as required instructional materials. This guarantees that the material is available in the Library for students to use, as and when the assignments are given to the class.
Reserve Collection system also provides Access to University theses.
Only faculty members and instructors may request that an item be placed on reserve by filling out “Reserve Collection Request Form
Please check the SDU Library Catalog in order to ensure that the item which you want to reserve is not available in our collection.
If the item you want to reserve is available in Information Center’s Collection, you must fill out “Reserve collection reqest form” and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . If the item is not available in the collection, you may request it by filling out “Book request form”
To assure timely processing of reserve material before the semester starts. The Library does not take responsibility for the request forms which are not sent in time.
Using Reserve Material
- Materials in Reserve Collection may be borrowed for 2 hours
- Reserve Materials can not be taken out of the library and only used in Information Center.
- Reserve items are in high demand; therefore, there is a limit of 1 item per borrower.
- If there is no other request for the borrowed item, only one renewal is allowed for users.
- Overdue materials will incur fine per hour.
You may send e-mail to email@example.com for further information.